CBD oil is an amazing substance with many health benefits. It also has none of the mind-altering side effects of THC. People who suffer from inflammation, anxiety, chronic pain, and other symptoms can often relieve them by trying cannabis oil for sale in Canada.
CBD oil in Canada is available to anyone with a prescription. It comes in many different forms including tincture drops, mouth sprays, topical creams, vape-ready cartridges, and pure concentrates.
Curious to learn more about CBD oil and what it can do for you? Read on to learn the science behind CBD oil, how it is used, and how to buy cannabis oil in Canada for your own purposes.
What Exactly Is CBD Oil?
CBD is a short name for a purified version of “cannabidiol.”
Cannabidiol is a member of the “phytocannabinoid” group of chemicals. These sticky, resiny chemicals are made by the trichomes on marijuana plants.
There are over 80 different types of phytocannabinoids, but CBD seems to be one of the most potent and active.
When you consume a product sourced from purified CBD, it has a special effect on the chemical receptors of your nerve cells. It acts as an “antagonist” against CB1 and CB2 receptors, meaning you uptake fewer related chemicals as a result.
What type of chemicals does CBD oil block? No one is entirely sure, but the medical symptoms it helps relieve hold a clue.
Symptoms You Can Relieve With CBD Oil
CBD oil has built a huge reputation for its ability to treat the following symptoms:
- High blood pressure
- Neurodegeneration (nerve damage)
Some patients also buy cannabis oil in Canada for conditions, including:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Sickle cell anemia
- Multiple sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Liver disease
CBD oil Canada has not necessarily been proven to help treat or alleviate all of these conditions and symptoms. But, early research for many of the proposed treatments has shown much promise. Clinical trials in mice show that CBD oil can have an antidepressant effect, for instance.
Research into CBD oil’s effects on epilepsy have shown promise too. Early trials have demonstrated that CBD oil can reduce the intensity and frequency of epileptic seizures. Other research shows that CBD could even be used as an antipsychotic, helping people with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and other mental conditions.
People have also been exploring CBD oil’s antioxidant capabilities. Some researchers suspect that it can be a potent way to fight cancer or reduce your risk of cancer cell growth.
Note that CBD oil provides reliefs with no serious side effects, a high level of tolerance, and none of the “high” of THC. People who want to steer away from prescription painkillers, which have many potential side effects, can. You can buy CBD oil in Canada as a cost-effective and safe alternative.
Because CBD oil has such a wide range of observed positive medical effects, researchers suspect that it acts on many systems at once. The more high-quality research they can perform, the more they can open the door to treating diseases like cancer effectively using CBD.
Types of Cannabis Oil for Sale in Canada
CBD oil in Canada can come in many different forms.
Most of these products start from a marijuana strain with a high level of CBD, which is then processed using a solvent or high heat to create a resinous oil. Different methods can then be used to extract the THC, and other cannabinoid compounds, leaving a pure CBD oil.
CBD oil from Canada comes in many forms, such as:
- Tincture Drops — Dissolved in a liquid and designed to be placed under the tongue. Can be a bit messy, but it is one of the most potent and pure ways to consume CBD oil in Canada.
- Sublingual Sprays — These are sprayed under the tongue, making them slightly more convenient and less-messy than drops. On the other hand, they are usually less concentrated.
- Capsules — Many medical products for treating specific conditions have moved towards capsules you can swallow. Putting CBD in capsule form makes dosing convenient and consistent. The only drawback to this method is that it can take 30 minutes or more to kick in.
- Vape Oil Cartridges — These cartridges work with special liquid-ready vapes so that you can inhale CBD oil into your lungs. The effects work quickly, but you are vaping a less-pure version compared to drops.
- Topicals — Topical creams, cosmetics, and patches can be used so that the skin soaks in CBD directly. This form is best for pain, arthritis, and inflammation.
- Edibles — Edible products like candies and baked goods can deliver CBD just as well as they can THC. Getting the dosing right on these can be difficult, though, but they are long-lasting.
- You can also try using pure CBD oil in Canada as you would use a “dab” concentrate of normal cannabis extract. Special “oil rig” vaporizing devices and concentrate-ready vaporizers are recommended.
Using CBD Oil in Canada
Depending on the type of CBD oil you buy, you may need to adjust the way you use it. Compare and contrast the methods above to decide which one works best for your needs.
Most people advise to try the smallest dose possible at first, and then wait three to four hours before trying another, heavier dose. By experimenting with dosage, you can find the amount you need and a dosing routine that is right for you. Many products also now come with usage recommendations on the package. Capsules, in particular, are supposed to have a specific dosage and schedule, just like any other prescription pill.
But, know that CBD oil can affect people differently, especially when considering body weight and tolerance. Work with your doctor to find the dose that is right for you, and always try to consume CBD on a partially full stomach.
How to Buy Cannabis Oil Canada
Currently, you can only buy CBD oil in Canada if you have a prescription.
Many places offer Cannabis oil for sale in Canada online. All you have to do is prove that your prescription is legitimate and you can have it shipped directly to your doorstep. Some brick-and-mortar dispensaries also carry a large line of CBD-only products. As interest in CBD oil in Canada grows, expect the availability of these products to improve.
In addition, once new recreational regulations pass in 2018, it will be much easier to buy CBD oil in Canada.
Overall, getting cannabis oil for sale in Canada and the information to treat your conditions with it is only getting easier. So, talk to your doctor, give it a try, and see if CBD oil can change your life like it has for so many others.