After a tough and stressful day, taking some time to relax in a warm bath is one of those simple luxuries that has made a comeback in recent years. The use of bath bombs is a great way to get a bubbly spa-like experience in the comfort of your own home. On their own, most bath bombs provide a wonderful sensation for the skin, but by adding the effects of CBD, a bath bomb can further relieve body tension and treat skin conditions. CBD bath bombs for sale at specialty retailers are significantly more expensive than your average bath bomb. Here is a simple CBD bath bombs recipe you can try at home.
If you are looking for a marijuana-style effect, you may be disappointed because CBD is non-psychoactive, thus will not get you high. However, this CBD bath bombs recipe does provide therapeutic benefits for those with sore muscles or irritated skin. CBD gets absorbed into your skin and starts interacting with the cannabinoid receptors throughout your body. As a result, a little CBD in your bath water at the end of the day can also help you get quality sleep at night and wake up in a better mood. Whether you’re having issues with joint pain, eczema, psoriasis, or are just feeling stress and anxious, this CBD bath bombs recipe can help melt those worries away.
Ingredients and equipment:
This CBD bath bombs recipe should yield 2-4 bath bombs depending on the size of your molds.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- A ½ cup Epsom Salt
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4-6 drops of food coloring (optional)
- 5-10 drops of your choice of essential oils (we suggest rose or lavender for a relaxing experience)
- 15-30 drops of CBD oil depending on the desired strength
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 2-4 bath bomb molds
Instructions on how to make CBD bath bombs:
- Combine all your dry ingredients (Epsom Salt, citric acid, baking soda, and corn starch) into a large bowl until well blended.
- In a small bowl combine all your wet ingredients (water, essential oils, coconut oil, and CBD oil) until they reach a smooth and even consistency.
- Do not add the optional food coloring at this point.
- If your coconut oil is solid, warm up the oil in the microwave for a few seconds for it to liquify before adding it with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture into your dry ingredients. Keep stirring slowly as you pour the liquid. You want both mixtures to combine without starting to bubble. If you add the liquid too fast, it will start to overly fizz, and you’ll need to start over.
- Once all the liquid is poured in, mix until there are no more clumps. It should feel like wet sand. To test its consistency, grab some of the mixture and make a small ball, if it holds its shape, it’s good to go, otherwise, add a little water and try again.
- Now you can mix in your optional food coloring. To make different colored bath bombs, separate your mixture into individual portions before coloring.
- Now fill your molds and set aside in a safe and dry area for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, open mold slightly, if the bath bomb is crumbly, reseal the mold and let it continue to dry for a few more hours.
- Once fully hardened, remove from molds and enjoy!
Note: Store your completed bath bombs in a dry place until you are ready to use them.
How to use your CBD bath bombs:
- Fill your tub with hot water.
- Once you are settled in the tub, drop in your bath bomb.
- For best results, soak in the tub for at least 30 minutes.
Note: Bath Bombs make great gifts, but before you give them to your friends and family, you should let them know that they are infused with CBD.
Like other topical CBD products, a CBD bath bomb activates the endocannabinoid system on your skin. The combination of warm bath water opening your pores, allows the CBD to easily bind to the cannabinoid receptors across your body, thus providing a myriad of health benefits. Soaking in regular warm water naturally increases blood flow which eases muscle tension. A CBD-infused bath bomb enhances these effects due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, CBD amplifies the exfoliating and cleansing action of a bath bomb, leaving you with clearer skin.
Reduce chronic pain and achieve better quality sleep with our CBD bath bombs recipe
CBD has become popular pain reliever among those suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia and other chronic pain disorders. CBD is also being used to relieve muscle pain after intense exercise of physical activities like sports. Using our CBD bath bombs recipe will help the effectiveness of any good pain management routine.
The aromatherapy aspects of bath bombs are further enhanced with CBD due to its anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties. The smell of essential oils combined with CBD creates a calming effect, perfect before bedtime. A dose of CBD in your bath water is a great way to unwind after a long and stressful day. If you have trouble sleeping, a CBD bath before bed will relax your mood and will have you falling asleep as fast as any sleeping pill.
To learn more about this CBD bath bombs recipe, please visit and subscribe to our blog for other interesting recipes and to stay up to date on the latest CBD news. Beaver Bud is your source for all your cannabis related information.