If you’re an avid baker and enjoy the benefits of CBD, it must have crossed your mind to combine the two into a delicious edible creation. Baking CBD chocolate chip cookies is a fun and easy way to get your daily dose of CBD. This sweet treat is perfect for dessert or that midnight snack before bed to help you get some sleep. Making your CBD cookies will also be a lot cheaper than buying them from a specialty health store or dispensary, and you can make them just the way you like them. The benefits of CBD edibles in the form of CBD chocolate chip cookies can be a nice change to your usual CBD regiment.
CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and non-psychoactive nature. Incorporating CBD into an edible cookie also has its benefits. Compared to other methods of enjoying CBD, such as vaping or taking doses CBD oil, edibles slowly release CBD rather than all at once. This is ideas for people more sensitive to sudden changes in body chemistry or who are susceptible to lung irritation when smoking. Since digestion takes time, when the effects of CBD from an edible does hit, it tends to last 2-4 hours longer than traditional CBD dosing methods.
Using CBD Chocolate in Your Cookies
You can easily find CBD chocolate for sale online or at your local health food store to use in your CBD chocolate chip cookies. However, these products may not be the best for baking purposes, but still offer a unique way of consuming a dose of CBD. Getting your CBD from edibles like chocolate or cookies is more discreet and socially acceptable than with smoking. Eating chocolate has always been a great way to improve your mood. The addition of CBD enhances the good feelings you get eating chocolate thanks to its anti-anxiety properties.
If you are looking to use CBD chocolate in your CBD chocolate chip cookies, here are some of our recommendations. We suggest using dark chocolate when making CBD chocolate chip cookies.
- Lulu’s Chocolate: They make some of the best CBD dark chocolate that is also organic and vegan
- Therapeutic CBD Chocolate: They use organic ingredients but without the earthy CBD taste
- Grön: Made with sustainably sourced cacao and available in flavors like Dark Chocolate Raspberries and Pistachio Ginger Dark Chocolate
- Kiva: For those looking to get a little high, their chocolate bars do contain 5mg of THC
- Lief Goods: They use certified fair-trade chocolate to make their products
CBD Baking Advice
The best way to incorporate CBD into baking is to infuse CBD oil or tincture to a fatty ingredient like oil or butter. When choosing your CBD extract, we recommend using unflavored CBD oil that is water-soluble so it can easily mix with the rest of the baking ingredients. However, you can experiment with your preferred CBD oil to get the unique taste you want. When creating cookie portions, keep in mind that the bigger the cookie, the higher the concentration of CBD within that cookie. You should also keep an eye on the temperature you use when baking with CBD because anything above 356 degrees Fahrenheit evaporates the CBD thus lowering its effectiveness.
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite food-safe CBD oil or tincture
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, mix the softened butter, CBD tincture or oil, brown sugar and white sugar until the mixture is a smooth batter
- Beat eggs into the mixture one at a time
- Gently stir in vanilla extract
- Dissolve the baking soda into the hot water then add that mixture and salt into the batter
- Slowly incorporate the chocolate chips and flour into the batter
- Portion cookies onto an ungreased parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown
Keeping Your CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies Fresh
CBD products are very sensitive to light and heat. Excessive exposure to both will reduce their potency. Therefore, you should put your CBD cookies in an airtight container and place them in a cool and dark area of your pantry. As a result, they will stay fresh for longer and maintain their CBD qualities. By keeping them fresh, these CBD chocolate chip cookies can also make great gifts for that CBD loving person in your life. Interested in trying another tasty cannabis treat? Find out how you can make cannabis peanut butter at home.
To learn more about CBD chocolate chip cookies or other related cannabis products, visit our website. You can stay up to date on the latest CBD and cannabis related news by subscribing to our blog posts.