The benefits of cannabis-based CBD (cannabidiol) products are becoming more attractive to non-cannabis users as a health and wellness alternative. But incorporating CBD can be tough for those who are not accustomed to supplements or vaping. As a result, products like CBD olive oil have become an easy and tasty way to incorporate CBD without the off-putting earthy taste the extract is known for. CBD olive oil acts like any regular cooking oil but with all the added benefits of CBD. Whether you make your own through CBD olive oil extraction or purchase some online, CBD olive oil is worth giving a try.
Using CBD olive oil during your everyday cooking adds the relaxing and pain-relieving benefits of CBD to all your food. The anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety properties of CBD can provide treatment for nausea, chronic pain, and various skin conditions. CBD works by balancing the immune system and regulating pain receptor responses in the body. As a result, regular CBD intake has been shown to reduce the symptoms of arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression, epilepsy, as well as cardiovascular disease. The antioxidants and fatty acids in CBD can also promote healthy skin to combat eczema and psoriasis.
CBD Olive Oil Extraction Recipe
Making your own CBD olive oil through CBD olive oil extraction is far more affordable than purchasing a bottle of ready-made CBD olive oil from a specialty health food store. You also control what goes inside your olive oil during the CBD olive oil extraction which is great for those with allergies or other dietary restrictions. If olive oil is not your favorite kind of cooking oil, you can replace it and make CBD peanut oil or CBD canola oil instead. The following CBD olive oil recipe allows you to adjust the CBD dosage based on the amount of cannabis flowers you use. We recommend starting at a lower dose and increase it over time based on your needs.
- A glass container with a lid (Mason jar)
- Fine-mesh colander/strainer
- Baking sheet
- Wooden or silicon spatula
- Candy/food thermometer
- 3-28 grams of cannabis buds/flower or trim (amount based on desired potency)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spread cannabis buds/flowers on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove cannabis from oven and let cool
- Place olive oil and cannabis into saucepan and clip on thermometer
- Heat on low, stirring mixture with a spatula while making sure that the temperature does not exceed 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Reduce heat to very low and let the mixture simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally
- After 3 hours, remove from heat and let cool completely
- Once cooled, place saucepan in the refrigerator until the oil solidifies
- Take the saucepan out of the fridge and leave at room temperature until the oil becomes liquid again
- Place the cheesecloth in the strainer and pour the mixture through the device into a glass container
- Let mixture strain through, pressing gently to extract oil
This CBD olive oil extraction process should yield a ¾ cup amount of CBD infused olive oil. Feel free to double or triple the portions for greater yield, and you can substitute the type of cooking oil to your preference. Store in a sealed container and in a dark place at room temperature. This CBD olive oil tincture can be taken sublingually or be used for cooking purposes.
CBD Olive Oil Product Recommendations
If CBD olive oil extraction is too complex for you, there are many reputable CBD retailers that offer quality CBD olive oil, albeit at a premium price. Whether you are looking for a CBD olive oil tincture or CBD olive oil for cooking, there many to choose from with different flavors and CBD doses. To help you make your choice, here are some of the best CBD olive oil products available for purchase online.
Juju Royal – CBD Olive Oil
Made with fresh herbs and spices, Juju Royal CBD-infused Olive Oil combines high quality extra virgin olive oil with the power of CBD. Pressed from hand picked olives and milled 24 hours after harvest to produce the freshest tasting olive oil possible.
- Available in 3 flavors including Rosemary, Basil, and Jerk
- Contains 250mg of CBD per 8oz bottle
- Price: $44.99 USD
The Higher Olive – CBD Olive Oil
Made with the finest extra virgin olive oil and high-grade CBD extract, CBD Olive oil by The Higher Olive is a quality product for discerning tastes.
- Available in 2 flavors including Meyer Lemon Haze and Blood Orange AK
- Contains 250mg of CBD per 8.5oz bottle
- Price: $39.95 USD
Whether you drizzle it over a salad or use it to cook your favorite meal, CBD olive oil is a versatile ingredient with a myriad of health benefits. To learn more about CBD olive oil extraction, please visit and subscribe to our blog.