CBD infused coffee is great tasting and provides some health benefits from CBD. There are well-knowns negatives when it comes to caffeine, but the CBD might be able to negate some of the negative effects of coffee. For this reason, CBD infused coffee is an enjoyable way to get your daily dose of caffeine and CBD as part of your morning routine. Getting CBD into your coffee can be as simple as adding a few drops of CBD oil into your cup of joe, but this can leave an unpleasant earthy bitter taste. Let us show you how to make CBD infused coffee by following these simple recipes.
A cup of CBD infused coffee can be a natural therapeutic treatment for health conditions such as anxiety, chronic pain, and many more. The CBD helps the body relax, but without the psychoactive effects found in marijuana. As a result, one of the main selling points of CBD infused coffee is its ability to calm your nerves from the jitteriness that caffeine can cause. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can reduce the intestinal irritation caused by coffee which can lead to diarrhea. Coffee and CBD are also both full of antioxidants which can give you a significant health boost when taken together.
CBD Infused Coffee Recipe
You can simply add CBD oil to your usual cup of coffee, but oil and coffee do not mix well and will end up sitting on top of your coffee. For best results, we recommend making your coffee in a French press to better infuse the CBD into the coffee. You should also only add the CBD oil when your drink is warm and not excessively hot, because extreme heat does negatively affect CBD potency.
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite medium-coarse coffee grounds
- 5-15 drops of you preferred CBD oil
- Hot water
- Your favorite coffee creamer (Optional)
- Sugar (Optional)
- A French Press coffee maker
- Coffee mug
Instructions on How to Make CBD Infused Coffee:
- Add ground coffee to your French press.
- Now add your desired amount of CBD oil drops.
- Pour hot water into the French press.
- Push coffee grounds down to the bottom and wait 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into cup, add optional creamer or sugar, and enjoy!
CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
For something more seasonal, here is a recipe for a CBD-infused pumpkin spice latte, like one you can get at a coffee shop, but with added CBD. You can also remove the spices in this recipe and just make a simple CBD latte.
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 5-15 drops of your preferred CBD oil
- Whipped cream
- Small saucepan
- Coffee mug
Instructions on how to make CBD Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Brew two shots of espresso and pour into a mug.
- Place pumpkin puree in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Mix in cinnamon for 30 seconds.
- Add nutmeg and continue stirring for another 30 seconds.
- Then add the brown sugar and keep stirring for 30 more seconds.
- Finally stir in the vanilla extract for, you guessed it, 30 seconds.
- Now slowly add the milk to the mixture while stirring.
- After 2-3 minutes, it should look smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the pumpkin mixture into the mug with the espresso and stir.
- Now add your desired amount of CBD drops and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
CBD Coffee Tips
Learning how to make CBD coffee is a lot cheaper than buying it at a store. Since it’s considered a specialty drink, if you do find a place that serves it, get ready to pay upwards of $10 for your cup of coffee. Additionally, brewing your own cup allows you to control the amount of CBD you use. A serving of CBD coffee at a cafe can contain 5-10mg of CBD, which might be too much or more likely not enough for your needs. Ultimately, when adding CBD to your coffee, start off slow and gradually increase the dosage until you get your desired effect.
With the right dosage, CBD can act as a caffeine replacement. A higher dose of CBD tends to act like a sedative, but in low doses, CBD can be a stimulant capable of keeping you alert and focused. So, you can have the effects of coffee by adding CBD to your decaf, without the caffeine rush or potential headaches.
To learn more about how to make CBD infused coffee, please visit and subscribe to our blog for interesting CBD knowledge and to stay up to date on the latest CBD news. Beaver Bud is your source for all your cannabis related information.